Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Golden Potty Awards!!

The worst parent of the week award goes to...........



.................drum roll...................................



ME!


This afternoon LMB was somewhat desperate for the toilet. Why is it that girls who are desperate to go to the loo, leave it until the last possible moment, until that point whereupon their move from their strategic crouch on the floor will open the floodgates and send pee everywhere? Hopping from one foot to the other, she had managed to remove her dungarees (I know, very helpful for her, but these are the only ones she owns and she loves em!) but was wailing for help. Feeling compassion, I hoiked her up onto the seat just in time. I handed her some toilet paper and left the room, calling behind me to remind her to put her clothes back on.

"But I am wearing my knickers mammy."
"Wow, that was quick!"

I turn back to check and see her still poised on the porcelain pot and glance at the crumpled dungarees on the floor. I return back to sorting the washing in my bedroom.

"You haven't you silly thing, they are on the floor. Are you tricking me?"
"No mama, I have my knickers on"
"But I put you on the pot......you can't have your.......... knickers............. on.........(*shiiiiiiiiittttt*)"

Realisation dawns, I leg it back to the bathroom to see her sitting forlorn, still on the toilet, trying to desperately remove her sodden undies, toilet paper in hand!

I expect she is now scarred for life!!

1 comment:

pansy said...

It must be in your genes. That matches up with a father who pins a nappy pin into baby daughter's stomach. No wonder she has grown up to qualify for worst parent of the year award. - Like father, like daughter!