Tuesday, January 03, 2012

2012

Happy New Year.

I do hope you've all had a lovely festive season.

We have had a lovely time, receiving plentiful gifts from the big red fella;
















Catching up with friends and family;

and godparents ;-)











and besties!

So now we move into 2012 with somewhat of a windy start, and it's time to begin looking to what's in store ahead again.

This year is my 'big' birthday and inspired and encouraged by some girl (and boy - thanks Chris!) friends, I've taken my friend Julie's idea to do a 'Fortieth year and Forty things' list. The only rule is that the list has to be achievable, so isn't meant to be full of expensive things or crazy ideas...those can go on the bucket list ;-)

1.
I am going to cycle 10 miles per week for 40/52 weeks
2.
Learn an appropriate poem and recite it - open to suggestions as long as it's not in a Pam Ayres accent!
3.
Raise 440 pounds for charity
5.
Sing...outloud...in front of people...preferably a musical! but NOT Gilbert and Sullivan - I will not be a little maid from school ever again
6.
Learn to make a Baked Alaska
7.
Make a successful Cheese souffle
8.
Go to a gig
9.
pull a cracker (yeah, don't go there!)
10.
go to a fireworks display and stay for the fireworks (I wouldn't go there either!)
11.
learn to row properly
12.
ride a camel
13.
smoke a shisha (that was Chris' idea!)
14.
drink tea in a Berber village
15.
bellydance (might have to leave that until after I've lost the half of 40lbs ;-) 
16.
walk amongst the wolves
17.
make myself a piece of silver jewellery
18.
grow a veg or fruit I've not grown before
19.
pass my first year exams
20.
I really ought to put 'catch 40 babies' but sadly that'll take me 3 years, so I think 10 is quite a good compromise!
21.
say 'yes' more to my kids
22.
say 'no' more to adults!
23.
use hubby's telescope to find three constellations and learn about them (if there's any space after the pelvis, uterus, heart and fetal circulation!)
24.
go to a festival
25.
Do one selfless thing per week
26.
Pay someone a compliment, every day!
27.
give my kids at least three hugs everyday
28.
learn to do more tricks with my hoop
29.
make time for yoga
30.
take one photo on the 25th of every month to record the year in photos
31.
learn to make wine using foraged food
32.
squish grapes with my feet
33.
have Em's t-shirt for meeeeeeeee!
34.
learn to make four things with origami
35.
Lose 1/2 of 40lbs by this time next year
36.
speak to my friends at least once a month on the phone!
37.
Donate blood
38. 
Keep a personal, fortieth year journal (inspired by Em - thank you!) in a beautiful journal book
So, as you can see I'm two short right now and with the revision for my exam, seem to be rather lacking in the imagination department. I'm hoping I'll be inspired over the next couple of weeks to add the remaining couple and keep you updated with how I get on.





No comments: