Friday, October 15, 2010

Belated birthday cakes.

A very belated party for Mr Beehive the younger this weekend. We had to wait for all his pals to turn 8, which took us to the end of the summer, then the next available slot happened to be this weekend - mid October, so it's a very bizarre thing I find myself doing today, some 3 months after his birthday.

Here it is though.

After lots of coercion, pep talks and studying of books that have been gifted to me by my adorable friend, Fred, to encourage me, I jumped in with both feet to make him a *proper* birthday cake. None of these appalling cake wrecks I am so renown for making! This was going to be with *grown up* icing and look how it is meant to look (sort of!). The usual way my cakes work is through evolution; I start with a plan, but it goes so horribly wrong that the cake evolves into something else.

I like to think of it as an *organic* process !

So, having plonked the kids in front of Mr Magorium's magical emporium this afternoon I've spent the time creating his cake:







Now I just have to figure out how to transport it!

No comments: