Thursday, June 09, 2011

Around the Garden

Inspired by Farmama's amazing blog and idea of having an "around the farm/garden" record of our progress during the season, here is what's been happening in my garden this week



First of the redcurrants are ripening.
Beautiful fat gooseberries, ripe for the picking this weekend


Peas on their way.

Beautiful lavender heads, they're a creamy white with a purple flower below.

It's very small, but I have an elderflower bush in my garden. I'm so happy!

This is the first of the numerous gladioli bulbs I planted. Oh yay!
 .



Of course, my blog wouldn't be complete if I didn't show you the mess that is inside as well.

I do the "smashing" of the tiles!

Then my lovely assistant comes behind me and "makes good"
What's happened in your garden this week?

No comments: