Thursday, July 27, 2006

Muggles and Miximatosis:

Muggles and Miximatosis:


So the conversation of the morning is HP and whether or not we as mere muggles can grow back bones. I am inclined to say of course not, but I am sure those more medically advised than me will probably tell me that there is some small bone somewhere that can, much like a lizard's tail, grow back if it is broken off. This is the conversation we are having on the way to camp, when we see a small rabbit sitting in the road. I slow down to allow it the difficult decision of deciding whether or not to run to safety or run into me when I realise, it has probably already made this choice today and chose the latter. So, crazy woman that I am and having already pointed out the pretty bunny to I. and seeing the large garbage truck coming towards it, I make my decision of the day, to allow the bunny a third option: to die or survive peacefully under a hedge.
So, dressed in my pilates gear, I get out of the car, flag down the dustcart and ask him for his gloves!!!! Yup okay, so my accent gets me away with so much, but this is heading close to utter madness and may cross the line, but still, he gives me the gloves. I pick up Fluffy, who has a bleeding eye and place him/her well under a hedge off the road, give the truck driver back his, now bunnified, gloves (hope he doesn't have animal allergies) smile sweetly and the three other carts pulled up behind him and get back into my car feeling somewhat embarrassed.
Later this afternoon whilst driving past the same spot, I notice that Fluffy has now gone..........."mummy you saved him" - wow, muggle mummy the hero...................i didn't have the heart to tell them that is probably more likely that Fluffy became some other animals lunch.......food chains are another day!!

No comments: