Monday, January 17, 2011

Y'see, it was like this m'lud...

How many have you read this article?

Or should my question read, how many of you have read this article and nodded along with it in silent agreement?

C'mon, we've all been there, we've all done it.

Of course, for those of us that blog, we either air our dirty wares or skirt over the issue with a nose larger than Pinnochio's.
I will admit to a touch of artistic license every now and then, but really, life is too short and I'm not imaginative enough to think of things to cover over my misguided intentions!

  • I have bought shop cakes and passed them off as my own!
  • I have eaten my kids' sweets and blamed my husband!
  • I have put on the tv when I am so bloody fed up of the bickering and it is the quickest and quietest way out!
  • I've served food without a vegetable on the very rare occasion that my motivation has died or the frozen peas have been finished!
  • I have co slept with my kids, but actually because I was too lazy to get out of bed to deal with them in the night!
  • I have pretended I have had an essay to write to get out of taking the kids swimming (I haaaaaaaaaaaate swimming - if I wanted to get out of my nice warm clothes into a ridiculously cut swim suit (not designed for the long in body), walk through veruucca viruses in my bare feet, swim in other people's wee stream and pubic hair I'd say so - so forgive me for feigning homework!)
  • I have pretended to be working whilst my kids are doing their homework, only to have facebook hiding behind my main screen!
  • I don't play anything with my kids except board type games. I do not play Barbies or lego or playmobil - so shoot me - because I strongly feel that: a. they have each other b. if they don't have each other then it is giving them a lifelong skill of being able to be content with their own company. c. I couldn't possibly stifle their imagination!
  • Made something up to get out of reading the same book for the gazillionth time.
  • "Lost" a noisy toy and fibbed about where it is!
  • I have sworn in front of my kids!
So, 'fess up, what have you done that is "so awful" that you've lied about it or just not exactly told the truth?

No comments: