Thursday, August 03, 2006

Diahorrea................

T has been poorly today! He stayed off camp and has been with me. He had a bit of a "run in" (no pun really intended!) with a few cherries I think. Basically, he was late down for breakfast yesterday morning, so I decided to give him complete trust and independence and let him do his own breakfast as I needed to change I and ensure W had cleaned his teeth properly. As usual, I got side tracked by one or other of the kids or animals in this menagerie and the next thing I hear is a repetitive chudding noise downstairs. Thinking it was the dog, destroying something I come down to find that T's breakfast has consisted of around 20 cherries, which he is cutting up on the table. He assures me he washed them........

So I have to say, I was kind of looking forward to spending a bit of time with just him despite his malady! So what, did we do? Well, after having re-arranged a meeting with Wild Oats to run a talk there on childbirth choices we headed to our local organic cafe - which to those of you who know American coffee.........is an absolute gem to find!! American coffee (sorry guys!) is dire!!!! Even old Starbys can't make coffee like my local coffee house - and it's organic too!!!! The secret - the owner is from Europe and really knows how to make strong espresso the proper way! YUM!! So we headed there for half an hour during which time, T seemed to miraculously recover enough to drink chocolate milk and eat a granola bar!! Then we had a couple of errands to run. On the way to the errands, T decided that he wanted to go to the car wash for the morning's entertainment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ask you!! Okay, so my car hasn't been washed for a year (we're saving the environment!!??!!) and desperately needed it, but come on - he's 6 !! However, I soon found out, that my son is NOT as green as he is cabbage looking!! THIS car wash is not your bog standard run of the mill hairy roller jobby - oh no, this is the full monty! Inside there are play places, lots of "temptations" to nag mama to buy and - the best bit!! Red soap suds that you can shoot out of guns onto the car as it goes past. That was fun I have to say!! although, T every so often would mutter "missed him" - not sure if he was genderising the car - or aiming for the poor car wash guy!!!!!!!
However, an half hour was suitably destroyed this way!

I love spending time with my elder son, but he can talk for England (or the US, it's bigger!!!!!!!!!!). I have been asked about death, souls, soap and the environment, what "yes" is in as many languages as I can muster - (not many but here goes - oui, ja, da, si, wai, yes, - which then led to a bizarre giggle about oui - oui meaning noddy... yadda yadda!), and not to mention the conversation about why I wouldn't buy him processed cheese and ham slices in the pharmacy when I offered him water (yeah I know, MEAN MAMA!!!)- and believe me, that can really be a heated discussion!!I truly feel mentally drained this evening, not to mention very inadequate as the "world's walking encyclopaedia on anything and everything".
To be honest - I am not sure which end of his had the diahorrea!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: